1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2011 5:25 AM by Ned Murphy

Adding Flash to my company website

Oklahoma Mortgage

Hi i was curious on what i would need to incorparate flash to my business website rather than the service we are using currently. We have noticed that the flash images on our website are having issues loading and getting stuck currectly. My website address is http://www.zfgmortgage.com there is flash type images at the top of the page as well as the middle.

Thanks for you help

Bill.S

• 1. Re: Adding Flash to my company website
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That web page has a lot of different Flash elements in it, so it is not clear which ones you are talking about.  The page also uses a variety of ways to embed the swf files, one of which could be part of a problem.  If you look at the page code, either of the methods that use the AC_FL_RunContent coding or the swfObject coding should work properly, though you should be consistent and use the same type of embedding code for all.

But for the one that transitions different images just below the site header, the only code that has is...

<embed width="687" play="true" loop="true" align="center" salign="lt" scale="none" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="/img/site_flash_movies/63.swf?custid=/img/user_menu/6352" menu="true" height="202"></embed>

and that could contribute to issues with it displaying properly for different browsers.  Though if the file is displaying at all, then it is likely the flaw with how it stalls is more likely a design issue of the file itself.  I am not able to catch any faulty behavior in what I see.

1 person found this helpful