1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2011 3:07 PM by mlavie

Copying a PageItem to Another Document, When the Color Name Already Exists in the Target Document

mlavie Level 1

(CS5 and ActionScript)

I am trying to copy a PageItem from Document A to Document B.

If the PageItem in Document A has a Color named "MyColor", and that Color already exists in Document B, then when I duplicate the PageItem from Document A to B, a new Color called "MyColor 2" is created in Document B.

What I wanted was for the PageItem to simply take on the deifintion of "MyColor" which was already in Document A.

If you perform this activity manually in the desktop UI, no duplicate color is created and the PageItem recieves de facto the original color values for the original "MyColor" in target document B.

Any ideas?

mlavie

• 1. Re: Copying a PageItem to Another Document, When the Color Name Already Exists in the Target Document
          mlavie Level 1

Sorry - mistake crept in. I meant:

I am trying to copy a PageItem from Document A to Document B.

If the PageItem in Document A has a Color named "MyColor", and a Color by that name already exists in Document B, then when I duplicate the PageItem from Document A to B, a new Color called "MyColor 2" is created in Document B.

What I wanted was for the PageItem to simply take on the deifintion of "MyColor" which was already defined in Document B.

If you perform this activity manually in the desktop UI, no duplicate color is created and the PageItem recieves de facto the original color values for the original "MyColor" in target document B.