1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2006 9:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

Contribute could not connect

LAOGuy
      I am a contribute novice at best!
      I had been able to access my website with an administration key. I have had a great deal of difficulty in reposting. I have had a great deal of difficulty in reposting. It appears as though Contribute is having trouble initializing during the publishing sequence.

Error message 2: Contribute could not connect because the server is down or not accepting connections please contact your administrator.
        • 1. Re: Contribute could not connect
          Level 7
          LAOGuy wrote:
          > I am a contribute novice at best!
          > I had been able to access my website with an administration key. I have had a
          > great deal of difficulty in reposting. I have had a great deal of difficulty
          > in reposting. It appears as though Contribute is having trouble initializing
          > during the publishing sequence.
          >
          > Error message 2: Contribute could not connect because the server is down or
          > not accepting connections please contact your administrator.
          >

Can you verify if your WebServer is running properly? What protocol are
          you using to connect in contribute? Is that configured properly on the
          webserver?

If you are connecting using FTP, go to your webserver and verify
          http://webserver:portnumber/ works fine? are you able to connect using
          any third party FTP tools? I think this is a webserver setting up issue
          rather than a contribute issue.

Ensure that you are giving correct url in the connection wizard in
          contribute.