4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 7:38 AM by 41NBC Engineer

ADVC110 - Real time preview?

41NBC Engineer Level 1

I'm looking into the ADVC110 as an NTSC output solution on a CS5 setup that I'm building.  My question is, with the ADVC110 do I get realtime video output to a studio monitor when playing and scrubbing video on the timeline?  If not, does anyone have a decent solution to getting an NTSC signal out from Premiere to an NTSC studio monitor?

• 1. Re: ADVC110 - Real time preview?
          shooternz Level 6

That wont work very well with MPE enabled and is  not a solution for

HD at all because it is a DV device.

F/W and HD dont really like each other much.

It works as a "fudge" only but you wont like it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ADVC110 - Real time preview?
            41NBC Engineer Level 1

Ah, thanks.  HD isn't really an issue.  I still have to work in SD for local tv stations and since nobody around here can broadcast local HD content yet, I need something that will get my video to an SD studio monitor so I can check the playback before it has to go to them to air.  I primarily use it to constantly check and correct fields on source video, and I have do that often so it's a necessity.

Is there anything that will work well with MPE enabled?  Could I get what I'm looking for by simply connecting a second video card and outputting a 3rd monitor signal to the studio monitor?  As long as the 3rd monitor solution would out the fields properly so that I can check them then I wouldn't mind doing that in order to keep the MPE enabled.

• 3. Re: ADVC110 - Real time preview?
              joe bloe premiere Level 5

Is there anything that will work well with MPE enabled?

Sadly, no.
              You must set MPE to "Software Only" to output a DV signal via firewire.

Could I get what I'm looking for by simply connecting a second video card and outputting a 3rd monitor signal to the studio monitor?

Look here for the "official" Adobe endorsed workaround.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/744683

Or, look here for an ongoing discussion of this issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/840033?tstart=0

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: ADVC110 - Real time preview?
                41NBC Engineer Level 1

Thanks for answering my questions and for doing so pretty quickly!  Looks like the multiple monitor solution may be the only decent option.  I head over to the discussion thread to try to find some info about the NTSC output from the video card.