3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 7:42 AM by mdubuque

Thwarted in trying to Edit my Premiere Pro Project in Soundbooth

mdubuque Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to add a voiceover track to my film, as part of a director's cut.

But when I try to export it via the Premiere Pro Edit menu, my option is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Any thoughts? 

I have my project loaded and the timeline selected, per this screenshot:

Screen shot 2011-04-18 at 4.54.26 PM.png

Any thoughts?

Matt

• 1. Re: Thwarted in trying to Edit my Premiere Pro Project in Soundbooth
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Matt,

Have you Selected your Audio Clip?

Just thinking here, and good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Thwarted in trying to Edit my Premiere Pro Project in Soundbooth
            joe bloe premiere Level 5
            I'd like to add a voiceover track to my film, as part of a director's cut.

You will not be able to add any extra tracks in Soundbooth for commentary.
            Soundbooth is limited in function to only making tweaks to the single
            audio file you have sent using "Edit in Soundbooth".
            For more audio editing functionality including multiple tracks, you will
            need Audition (now packaged with CS5.5 Production Premium).

Instead, you should duplicate your sequence, rename it "Commentary Version"
            and then edit your voiceover track in Premiere... and forget about using Soundbooth.

But when I try to export it via the Premiere Pro Edit menu, my option is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Has the audio clip in question already been edited in Soundbooth?
            If yes, that is why the option is greyed out.

• 3. Re: Thwarted in trying to Edit my Premiere Pro Project in Soundbooth
              mdubuque Level 1

Thanks gentlemen, problems is completely gone now.

I was trying to export BOTH the audio and video tracks to Soundbooth so I could synch my commentary to the image.  I think that caused Soundbooth to be greyed out because it is only audio.

And thanks Joe, I will do it all in Premiere Pro.  Very helpful.

Which reminds me what an astonishingly complete program PrPro is.  No need to export to Soundbooth here!

Also, when doing color correction, I had been inclined to do it in After Effects, which is known for its strength in that area.

But upon close examination, PrPro has some serious color grading tools that seem rarely utilized.

Thanks again,

Matt