0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2007 9:22 AM by Vesta0424

PROBLEM: Coldfusion/Flex Remote Project Creation

Vesta0424
      Okay,

I have read these two threads and have looked everywhere, but still am stumped:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=60&catid=582&threadid =1239851&highlight_key=y&keyword1=coldfusion

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=60&catid=582&threadid =1239851&highlight_key=y&keyword1=coldfusion

I have FlexBuilder 2 installed on my local machine. My project, however, is accessed via a mapped drive to our development server (and yes, we have MX 7.0.2 installed).

All of the examples I see seem to assume that CF server is installed locally -- but, of course in this instance it is not. When creating the CF project, I am assuming that I have to some make connection to the remote server, so it doesn't make sense to browse to the config file on my mapped driver (where I get the Invalid root error anyway).

I am tearing my hair out. I can't even do the easy-peasy Hello World example that uses a cfc to return the string via mx:remoteobject (remote connection errors). I have gotten to Chapter 17 of the Flex 2: Training from the source and have bombed in returning cfc data as the book, again, assumes a local installation of cfserver (Server.Error.Request:HTTP request error), and I have attempted another example that creates an xml doc (using cfxml) on the fly.

So -- either I am an idiot, or there is some huge gap in the documentation somewhere. Is the assumption that all Flex development will occur locally (which would require the installation of a cf server on the local machine (if using a cf back end)? Or, are are we supposed to somehow use RDS to connect to a remote development server running cf? I have a successful RDS connection to the development server, but that does not seem to do anything.

Please help!

Thanks so much,

GT