3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 7:37 AM by mennieg

Basic Paye tools

mennieg Level 1

I am using the software issued by the UK

government for small businesses to account for tax. The software should create forms aut

omatically in pdf format. There seems to be a link to internet explorer. There are known problems with this link. I tri

ed a couple of options suggested by HMRC technical support, but when they failed, I was referr

ed to Adobe. Can you help?

• 1. Re: Basic Paye tools
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Exactly what do you want help in? Finding a copy of Reader? Using Reader? Filling out the form? Saving the form? Tell us exactly what you problem is. Tell us what version of Reader you are trying or want to use. Tell us your OS.

• 2. Re: Basic Paye tools
            mennieg Level 1

I am using Reader X. The problem is the interface between the HMRC governmane

t tax software and reader which is used to create the forms. They gave me a couple of parameters to change in preferences and then referred me to adobe when the changes failed to solve the problem. I have access to Safari and IE (not sure which version). OS is windows vista.

• 3. Re: Basic Paye tools
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

mennieg wrote:

I am using Reader X. The problem is the interface between the HMRC governmane

t tax software and reader which is used to create the forms.

Reader doesn't create PDF's. It only views PDF's created by something else. Maybe they thought you had Acrobat?