Don't adjust your work area. Instead set the frames you wish to render in the Render Settings Panel.
I have tried that.
Under >Render Settings, "Custom", with "Skip existing files" off.
In the Custom fields, I specify frames 250-300.
This renders the correct frames as designated by the Custom setting,
but the frame numbering still begins at 1 instead of 250.
1 person found this helpful
Make sure that your timeline is set to frames. Make sure that the file name is set to a standard. I mean you should use one of the drop down's for naming.
For example it should look like this: Comp 1_[#####].tif
That should do it.
Try putting the files in a new folder. If that still doesn't work then just use Automator to rename them.
I don't know why it isn't working for you. Wish I could have been of more help.
I have figured out what I was doing wrong.
I turns out that you can indeed force a start frame
number in the Output Module, but I was using it incorrectly.
Instead of having "Use Comp Frame Number" checked,
I had specified a starting frame number (1 - the first frame of comp).
The result is that regardless of what specified segment I rendered,
the output frames always were numbered starting with frame 1.
After checking "Use Comp Frame Number", problem solved.
Thanks for the input in helping me track down my error.