4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 10:55 AM by LeeVDuhl

Sample Script Reqest

LeeVDuhl Level 1

Looking to get started doing some PS scripting and I'm looking for a sample that does the following to get me started.  I plan to take any sample provide and uses it as a basis for my final goal.

Looking for a script that does the following:

- Opens a series of documents (images) from a source folder

- Performs the following on each document

- Applying some filter (any filter would work, but my goal is to apply a Lens Correction filter)

- Saving the modified document off in a target folder as a JPG

- Renaming original.

I have already used the default "ImageProcessing" script along with a Lens Correction Action I created and that worked, but I have to process "millions" of images and that is not really a vialble solution.

My final solution is expected to process photos in batches from a single source, included logging and and additional image processing and be scaleable.  For now I'm just looking for some assistance to get me started.

Thanks

Lee.

• 1. Re: Sample Script Reqest
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Your sample can be found here "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Presets\Scripts\Image Processor.jsx"

Others can be found here http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sample Script Reqest
            xbytor2 Level 4

If you really have to process large amounts of images, I would not use JS in PS as your primary control software.

I would use perl (my personal preference) to do all of the file management, logging, etc... and use a PS droplet

called from the perl script to do whatever actual image processing needs to be done. I've written scripts that run

for days at a time processing tens of thousands of images at a shot but getting this to work corrrectly and

reliably purely in PS JS can be a daunting task. It's better now then back in CS2 days when the JS layer

was not quite as robust as it is in CS5 but it still takes a good deal of effort to make it happen.

• 3. Re: Sample Script Reqest
              LeeVDuhl Level 1

Thanks for the info. I have actaully been looking at that script but it did not click to use that as the sample basis.

Lee.

• 4. Re: Sample Script Reqest
                LeeVDuhl Level 1

Thanks for the info.  I don't have any experience with Perl, but I do with C# which I assume would work also.  Pearl is always an options should C# not work.

Lee