2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 9:21 AM by John Galvin

ImageCatalog - modify to create A3 pages [CS2]

John Galvin

Hi

I'm modifying the ImageCatalog script supplied on the CS2 installation disk.

I'd like to offer the option of creating an A3 document, rather than the standard A4.

Also, there seems to be a bug in the script. It doesn't seem to find the first pdf in a folder - using alphabetical order.

Any suggestions on either problem?

TIA

• 1. Re: ImageCatalog - modify to create A3 pages [CS2]
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

I didn't get a "standard A4" document, I got an A5! On further investigation, it seems the script doesn't care about the page size *at all* -- it creates a new document, and for that it just uses the default "new document size" of your current settings.

So you don't need to change anything (if you set your default document size to A3), or, alternatively, after line #236

var myDocument = app.documents.add();

change the document size to A3 in the script. Perhaps it'd be kind of neat if you could set it in the dialog.

Also, there seems to be a bug in the script. It doesn't seem to find the first pdf in a folder - using alphabetical order.

Well it doesn't on my computer. Can you elaborate? [*]

The version I'm looking at is the one from CS4, but I bet it's "the original" as it has the by-line

@@@BUILDINFO@@@ "ImageCatalog.jsx" 2.0.0 5-December-2007

[*] Edit: That's a Windows 7 machine, to-day.

• 2. Re: ImageCatalog - modify to create A3 pages [CS2]
            John Galvin Level 1

You're perfectly correct that the javascript version doesn't have the bug. I've just tested it. I don't

want to use Javascript because the code doesn't appear to be able to select a folder to work

on - you have to open a dialogue box.

I've gone through the VB Script version and found the bug that was causing the first pdf

of the set not to be displayed.

You're also right about the A3/A4 issue - the same thought occurred to me in the shower this morning

and it does appear to be the case.

I'd like to offer an A3/A4 radio button. What is the exact syntax to modify the page parameters at the point

where the script creates the document?

Thanks