1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 11:41 PM by Mylenium

Motion Thru Time in AE CS5

hoopsking

How do you do this in AE5?

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/Detail.aspx?sid=470

Here is my understanding of doing it and/or questions on how to do it.

1. Motion Tracking an object in the first video layer.  Pick a spot that doesn't get covered up and run the motion tracking.

2. Duplicate the video layer.  In Motion you simply go to Effects-Time-Hold Frame and you have a still.  I know how to get a still with Enable Time Remapping keyframes in AE.  Will that work for this?

3. In Motion you do Match Move on the layer above the 1st which matches the movement from the motion tracking on the first layer.  How do you so this in AE?  This keeps the still frame in place.

4. Set all the still frames and matching motion tracking you want.  You mask the object you want frozen in time.  Can you use the rotobrush to select the object and then turn that into a mask?

5. I was hoping to be able to use the rotoscope brush to do the masking in the top layer as well.

• 1. Re: Motion Thru Time in AE CS5
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          3. In Motion you do Match Move on the layer above the 1st which matches the movement from the motion tracking on the first layer.  How do you so this in AE?

You copy&paste the tracking/ stabilization data, possibly with some adjustments through expressions.

Can you use the rotobrush to select the object and then turn that into a mask?

No. RB doesn't generate masks. You would have to freeze the RB calculation or pre-render the result to a clip which you reimport.

Mylenium