0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 7:12 AM by semaj2james

solid layer export will not play

semaj2james

hi ,,, using cs4

i am trying to make a cloud of animated coloured  smoke surround a figure

my work flow is going to be first make an avi of just moving smoke then import the avi to a project containing the avi with my figure

add a mask to the smoke avi layer and play all

So first i have tw0 solid coloured layers with noise applied i then use position key frames to move the solids in different directions  across the screen

this looks fine like smoke ,,,,, i then export from AF this export appears to work it plays in vlc player and looks like smoke so i  then import  this avi to AF this is when the problem first appears:- in the project window the avi has no duration if i d click the avi in the project window a player opens up and it plays but when i drag it to the timeline it will not play and the area of the timeline is grey not coloured like the other clips i have imported

is there something wrong with the way i am making this smoke avi

thanks

here a little more information

ok when i get this smoke avi to the timeline it just not like other avi's as in i do not have the choice to show or hide the track with the little eye button on the left

in fact i cannot expand the track at all like i have no transform opacity nothing