3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 2:14 AM by shashi.kant

Install previous version 8 or 9,  manual install?

vekkus

If the installer isn't working for some reason, can I do a manual install of version 8.2 or 9.4 for Windows (XP, SP 3)?   Can't find a link for it, sorry!

Thank you

Vekkus4

• 1. Re: Install previous version 8 or 9,  manual install?
          shashi.kant Adobe Employee

Hi Vekkus4,

There's a newer version of Adobe Reader (10.0.1) available, which even has important security features. You can download the latest Adobe Reader X from this link: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

But for some reasons, if you still want the older version (Reader 9), you can look for the same at http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Regards

Shashi

• 2. Re: Install previous version 8 or 9,  manual install?
            vekkus Level 1

Here is why I want a MANUAL install, not the wizard.  Bear with me, there are several parts to the adventure

1) Tried to open a PDF from 2006.  It is a blank tax form, but I was hoping I had filled it out!

2) Then reader 10.2.whatever gave me some useless error message about some features being not available.

3) Then tried to install version 8.whatever by the wizard on the page you sent me.  I was hoping this would let me see my info from the form. (It eventually turns out to be empty)

4) Then the installer wizard gave a helpful error message about uninstalling 10.2

5) There were many parts to uninstall from 10.2 so it looks like I didn't install enough parts

6) So I couldn't get rid of the error message from the wizard, so that is why I asked the question.

Sometimes it pays to be tenacious, but it helps to be tenacious in the right direction

Thank you :-)

• 3. Re: Install previous version 8 or 9,  manual install?
              shashi.kant Adobe Employee

Hi Vekkus,

I understand you were facing few issues in Installation of Adobe Reader. Having multiple versions of Reader installed on a same machine may not function properly. I would suggest you to first uninstall all versions af Adobe Reader that you have on your System. Once you have uninstalled, then try to start a fresh install of Reader (any version that you would like to).

Regards,

Shashi