5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 4:37 PM by DilipShah

TypeError: Error #1009: from Label.as:1266

DilipShah

I'm building an application that has 3-4 level deep navigation and I'm using a 'stack' of view states to navigate to user requested screen.

I recently changed the navigation by bringing a screen that was 4-level deep to higher-level and now when I try to navigate to this screen, I get this error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
           at spark.components::Label/truncateText()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\com ponents\Label.as:1266]
           at spark.components::Label/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::composeTextLines()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\proje cts\spark\src\spark\components\Label.as:485]
           at spark.components.supportClasses::TextBase/updateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\proje cts\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\TextBase.as:684]
           at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\m x\core\UIComponent.as:8709]
           at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateClient()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:932]
           at mx.core::UIComponent/validateNow()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\U IComponent.as:7792]
           at spark.components::DataGroup/initializeTypicalItem()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\ src\spark\components\DataGroup.as:291]
           at spark.components::DataGroup/ensureTypicalLayoutElement()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\s park\src\spark\components\DataGroup.as:346]
           at spark.components::DataGroup/startVirtualLayout()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src \spark\components\DataGroup.as:1183]
           at spark.components::DataGroup/updateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\ spark\components\DataGroup.as:1313]
           at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\m x\core\UIComponent.as:8709]
           at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework \src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:663]
           at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framewo rk\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:736]
           at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects \framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1072]

Sadly, the error doesn't point to any part of my code and so I'm at a loss. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at different part of my code but haven't been able to solve this issue.

Any suggestions on what I should look for or direction I should take to identify issue in my code?

Thanks a lot!

Dilip