3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2007 12:00 AM by kaopeter

    Flex 3 Beta possible bug?

    xyco45 Level 1
      Well I guess this really isn't all that to surprising but I just upgraded to Flex 3.0 and at first there didn't seem to be a problem, in fact I had fallen in love with it! the new look and the whole database connection wizard, as well as other stuff. But things started to act a little weird (as in not work at all...) when I tried reading data from an array of objects that I got via a C# web service.

      typically how I read data from a object via C# web services is with in the result handler function just do
      mx.controls.Alert.show(re.result.ObjectArray[0].attributeHoldingData); and it didn't work kept returning a error message the "undefined property" message, but when I uninstalled Flex 3 and went back to Flex 2 and ran the exact same code it worked! Adobe already said Flex 3 was buggy, and this could be a bug, but I am not sure, but yah, I am saying all this just in case some else attempts to use an array of object via web service.


        • 1. Re: Flex 3 Beta possible bug?
          kerst001
          What are you using to connect to the web service? I have not looked in depth, but I saw many examples for Flex 2 use HTTPService to connect to a web service, where there is a seperate Web Service control for Flex 3.
          • 2. Re: Flex 3 Beta possible bug?
            xyco45 Level 1
            this is the setup that I used for the web services

            import mx.rpc.soap.WebService;
            import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;
            import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

            private wsObject:WebService = new WebSerivce();

            public function serviceConnection():void
            {
            wsObject.wsdl = "insert WSDL URL here";
            wsObject.loadWSDL();
            wsObject.serviceName();
            wsObject.serviceName.addEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT, resultHandler);
            wsObject.serviceName.addEventListener(FaultEvent.FAULT, faultHandler);
            }
            public function resultHandler(re:ResultEvent):void
            {
            mx.controls.Alert.show(re.result.arrayOfObjects[0].objectAttribute);
            }

            public function faultHandler(fe:FaultEvent):void
            {
            mx.controls.Alert.show("outputs error message here.");
            }


            Okay this is just a psuedo setup of how I do my .NET C# Web service calls, I do it all on actionscript 3.0 For I typically would call the "serviceConnection" function in the "applicationComplete" event in the application tag, when its fired it connects to the wsdl, calls the C# webservice then if it is successful it will display a value of an attirubie of an object in a array of objects that I returned from the web service. For some reason this setup only works in flex 2.0 when it comes to pulling data from an object which is in an array of objects which in turn is stored in another object. sooo its like this....
            • 3. Re: Flex 3 Beta possible bug?
              kaopeter
              Yes, I got same problem here, by using Axis 1.4 with flex 3 beta , and upgrade 2.0 file to 3.0beta, I got ioError response instantly.

              [RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: 串流錯誤。 URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
              at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()
              at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
              at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
              at private::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()
              at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
              at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
              at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::redirectEvent()
              at [io]