5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 2:05 PM by PSGreenie

Help Please?

PSGreenie Level 1

I'm new to this site and would like an answer or solution to a problem I'm currently having. I run PSE8 and have just upgraged to a Canon 600D. When I try to open my RAW images I get a message 'Cannot open as it is the wrong file type'. I've downloaded Camera RAW 6.2 and still not able to open any RAW images from the new camera. Can anyone help please with an explanation or a solution?

Paul

Norfolk UK

• 1. Re: Help Please?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

The 600D won't be supported till ACR 6.4 which is already in beta but the beta doesn't support Elements. But, you can download the free DNG Converter 6.4 and convert the raw files to DNG. Get it here. The final release of ACR 6.4 will be supported in Elements although I'm not sure what versions of Elements will be supported, sorry.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help Please?
            PSGreenie Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded as suggested but I can't seem to set it up to accept the folder the CR2 images are held in. I get the dialogue 'nothing matches your request' Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong.

Paul

• 3. Re: Help Please?
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Did you drag & drop the folder of raws onto the DNG Converter application? DNG Converter works on folders of images.

• 4. Re: Help Please?
                PSGreenie Level 1

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your patients When I open the converter it asks me to select a folder, I'm not in far enough yet to drag and drop into anything. If I click on extract I get the same request to select a folder and the same reply and a note to say that no images have been selected.

Paul

• 5. Re: Help Please?
                  PSGreenie Level 1

I've deleted and reinstalled and find that I can now select the folder as appropriate and have sucessfully converted 4 CR2's to DNG's and opened them in PSE8

Once again thank you.

Paul