4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 7:04 AM by Ned Murphy

Flash does not run

gbw003

I created a flash image using Flash Catalyst and it runs when I select "Timelines - Play Time Line" from within the program that works ok, it scrolls thru the screen I created. But when I select "File - Run Project"  it opens my Internet explorer and all it does is display the first screen of the series of screens in the project. I am running Windows & and Internet Explorer 8.

I also uploaded the "upload to web folder" an tried running it from there and it does the same thing, shows just the first page of the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: Flash does not run
          gbw003 Level 1

I am using the trail version, is it possible it does not let the animation run

• 2. Re: Flash does not run
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Trial versions are not typically limited in any way except the time you are allowed to try them.  Look in the timeline to see if there is a stop(); command in the first frame.  Playng the timeline will be different from running the file.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Flash does not run
              MS4bms

I have an additional question in this area.  I trialled CS5, then purchased it and have been using it for some time.  It's a great program but when I export to .fla I cannot open the files in Flahs as the notification comes up to say that my trial period for this product (CS5) has run out and I need to upgrade.  Is it possible Flash wasn't loaded for some reason when I installed CS5, for example? Thanks in advance. Mike

• 4. Re: Flash does not run
                Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll need to contact Adobe Customer Support if you are having a problem getting your purchased version working.

1 person found this helpful