0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 2:56 AM by mattsmith_au

Seeking a Parallel Element

mattsmith_au

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a multilingual AlR project with video playback that supports multiple audio tracks. Each flv video file is accompanied by a seperate mp3 audio track for each language that the app supports. I need to sync the playback of the video with the appropriate audio track for the selected language.

I have been able to get this to work by using a ParallelElement and adding the video/audio.

However when I try to seek the playback to a specific time i get a 'The specified capability is not currently supported' error.

If i add a listener for Media Player Capability Change:

mediaPlayer.addEventListener(MediaPlayerCapabilityChangeEvent.CAN_SEEK_CHANGE, doSeek);

In the event hander, when I call seek on the media player, I do not get an error. However the video/audio does not seek.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could get the seek behavior to work for a Parallel Element ? Do I need to manually add a trait the element? Or maybe to each media element individually?

Cheers,

M

My code.....

mediaContainer = new MediaContainer();

mediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer();
      mediaPlayer.addEventListener(MediaPlayerCapabilityChangeEvent.CAN_SEEK_CHANGE, doSeek);

var mediaFactory:DefaultMediaFactory = new DefaultMediaFactory();

var videoElement:MediaElement = mediaFactory.createMediaElement(new URLResource('assets/video/part1.flv'));
      var audioElement:MediaElement = mediaFactory.createMediaElement(new URLResource('assets/video/part1_aud_eng.mp3'));

var parallel:ParallelElement = new ParallelElement();
      parallel.addChild(videoElement);
      parallel.addChild(audioElement);

mediaContainer.addMediaElement(parallel);

mediaPlayer.media = parallel;
      // mediaPlayer.seek(10); // Throws error