1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2006 4:52 PM by Newsgroup_User

Converting Actionscript 1.0 to 2.0

Brenton07
      I am working an item I intend to integrate into a video player. The just of it is that I have nine buttons that I want to loop inside of an area that allows me to scroll them left or right depending on my mouse location in a defined area.

I have a basic setup with 3 layers: actions, tracker, and scrolling object.

Actions contain, well, the actions.

Tracker layer contains movieclip with instance 'tracker', which has a button (no instance name).

Scrolling object layer contains movieclip instance 'scrollingobject'. Inside of this are the buttons that will load the videos eventually.

I got this example working in actionscript 1.0, but when I publish to actionscript2.0. The trace in the second script gives an output of '[Type Function]' (this may or may not be helpful).

Suggestions to convert this functionally to 2.0?

===================================================================

• 1. Re: Converting Actionscript 1.0 to 2.0
          Level 7
          > I got this example working in actionscript 1.0, but when I publish to
          > actionscript2.0. The trace in the second script gives an output of '[Type
          > Function]' (this may or may not be helpful).

That's correct .. and it would have given similar in AS1.

getProperty is rather silly to use and is really pre-AS1 .. instead of

> mover = getProperty(scrollingobject, _x);

use the much ismpler

mover = scrollingobject._x;

etc

simlarly

> setProperty(scrollingobject, _x, mover);

should be

scrollingobject._x = mover;
          --
          Jeckyl