2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 10:55 AM by jonsachs

Playback sync with audio?

jonsachs

It seems that in After Effects you can't play - with audio - from anywhere in the timeline, only from the beginning.

But you CAN in Photoshop Extended. Doesn't seem right.

(All I want to do is make a simple video sequence where images appear synced to sound,

and Keynote has no timeline feature. Is there some simple software that can make and export a .mov sound-slide show in a specific pixel size?)

• 1. Re: Playback sync with audio?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It seems that in After Effects you can't play - with audio - from anywhere in the timeline

Incorrect. Check the Preview panel and enable the From current time option. For everything else I suggest you do a little searching on this forum (via Google, as obviously the built-in search is down and didn't cut it to begin with) and study some tutorials such as one of Andrew Kramer's first ones on Videocopilot.net dealing with creating slideshows. Also broaden your scope to include alternate tools like Captivate or Flash Catalyst or even Encore...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Playback sync with audio?
            jonsachs Level 1

Thanks for fast and good reply.

BUT, if I am making the graphics for the slideshow in Photoshop and it can play the sound, any reason not to do the whole thing right in Photoshop?

(Which I already own, and know how to use?)