2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 5:55 AM by Newsgroup_User

OK, I'm stumped on linking

Level 7
      Hi All

here's another issue that's had me going no where for 2 days now. Far to
      long for something that should easy.

if any of you have the flexstore sample set up and example of what I'm
      trying to do would be to add a buttonlink on the support canvas that links
      to the ProductsView canvas. I can do it quite easily by adding another link
      to the buttonbar (main menu) but that's not what I want.

The exact problem is.

I've created a RegisterView.mxml file that holds all the functionality to
      add a new customer. Then at the bottom of the view ProductCart.mxml I have a
      login form that works great and is only visible if the visitor isn't logged
      in. At the bottom of that login form I want a ButtonLink that points to the
      RegistrationView.mxml file and loads the same way the product results do, by
      swiping up then down and leaving the cart view on the stage

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated

Bill

• 1. Re: OK, I'm stumped on linking
          xyco45 Level 1
          There are many ways you could go about doing this, id say the most reasonable way would be to create a instance of the RegisterationView (all external components created are represented as classes), after that add that instance to the DisplayObjectContainer, or just do addChild(regisrationviewObj); once you done that the component you created will show up when you execute the movie, and you will also be able to access all the variables you declared in that component (make them public so you can access them). Or really a much easier way would be to just to create a separate state and do some sort of fancy transition between the state, by which I mean the the "main" state (Product cart) and the registration state, that way you don't have to worry about linking anything because its all in the same app. If you need more help, suggestions, just ask, ill shoot some examples at yah.
          • 2. Re: OK, I'm stumped on linking
            Level 7
            Hi xyco45

sure, any example you may have would be great and very much appreciated. I
            did try using states but couldn't get that working. I was probably doing
            something wrong

Bill

"xyco45" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f57iaq$72i$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > There are many ways you could go about doing this, id say the most
            > reasonable
            > way would be to create a instance of the RegisterationView (all external
            > components created are represented as classes), after that add that
            > instance to
            > the DisplayObjectContainer, or just do addChild(regisrationviewObj); once
            > you
            > done that the component you created will show up when you execute the
            > movie,
            > and you will also be able to access all the variables you declared in that
            > component (make them public so you can access them). Or really a much
            > easier
            > way would be to just to create a separate state and do some sort of fancy
            > transition between the state, by which I mean the the "main" state
            > (Product
            > cart) and the registration state, that way you don't have to worry about
            > linking anything because its all in the same app. If you need more help,
            > suggestions, just ask, ill shoot some examples at yah.
            >