6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2011 12:01 PM by The Ghost of Johnny RSS

How to always show rulers in Photoshop CS5 and other problems

datastream8 Community Member

Does anyone know how to make Photoshop CS5 always show rulers in mac? I have not have this issue with any other PS. I need the rulers to drag guides contantly, but photoshop cs5 would not show the rulers automatically. Everytime I have to go to View --> Show rulers or the shortcut command + R. Is there a way to instruct Photoshop to always show rules with any file I open or create?

I have many other issues with Photoshop CS5 that CS2, 3, and 4 had out of the box... It is very frustrating that I spent all this money and instead of working, I have been on the phone with Adobe for hours... I am very disappointed so far.

I have had CS5 Master's Collection for 2 months now on Mac 10.6.7. I have reinstalled Photoshop 3 times as some shortcuts were not working like shift plus scroll to inscrease to 100%, 200%, etc.

The other thing that still does not work and Adobe has not offered a solution is that my Photoshop would not append extensions. Regardless of the Preferences settings, all my files get saved as JPG instead of jpg... I wonder if any of you out there have this issue as well?

Thank you.