4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 9:23 AM by dstoops2

Adobe Reader Printing Problem

ZanahFair

I have a PC with Windows XP SP3. When I try to print a PDF document, I get the following message: "The document could not be printed. There were no pages selected to print." Of course, I had selected the pages to print.

Recently, I had many problems with Adobe Reader 10, so I removed it and reloaded Adobe 9. Today, when this printing problem appeared, I did a restore on my computer, taking it back a few months. I still have the printing problem.

Any idea what's wrong? Any idea how to fix it?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader Printing Problem
          dstoops2

I'm having the same problem.  I'd love to know if anyone has a solution to this.  When I go into the document properties, there is no security set, and it indicates that Printing is allowed.

Another problem with the document - it won't let me save it again, not matter what I do - won't allow 'save as' or 'save'.

"The document could not be saved.  There was a problem reading this document (14)".     Is the error message I get.

PS>  It will print 'current page', just not whole document, but it is 34 pages and I will be reusing it many times.  I would like to find a solution.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader Printing Problem
            dstoops2 Level 1

I found one solution to this, but I'm not sure it will work for anyone else. Here is what I did

File - Print to PDF - with a new name.

Then it would print fine!!!

However, a File- Save as - with new name, did not work.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader Printing Problem
              Lindsay_MP

Do you have Acrobat Pro 9? I can't find how to Print to PDF under File.....

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader Printing Problem
                dstoops2 Level 1

I have Acrobat Pro 9, but the feature I am using is listed under my

printers.

If I go to Print, then in the drop-down list of printers, I have PDF -

which essentially creates a new PDF document.  I don't really understand

why it worked, but it did.  The Print - PDF is also available to Word,

Publisher, etc.

Hope tis works.

Darlene M. Stoops

Corps Ministries Communications Consultant

The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters

Canada and Bermuda Territory

NOTE: New phone number 416-467-3306, or extension 3306. Visit our websites

for news, updates, and program ideas!

From:       Lindsay_MP <forums@adobe.com>                                                                               

To:         Darlene Stoops <darlene_stoops@can.salvationarmy.org>                                                                               

Date:       05/17/2011 11:40 AM                                                                               

Subject:    Adobe Reader Printing Problem                                                                               

Do you have Acrobat Pro 9? I can't find how to Print to PDF under File.....