2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 2:36 PM by Steve Grisetti

Importing Gif image

ebromero Level 1

Hello,

I'm creating a title sequence, and need to import a gif of my company's logo.

In Photoshop, the file is one layer: the logo, with no background. When I try to import this gif into Elements 9, I have the logo against a white background. That white background HAS TO GO!

When I tried doing this in Elements 8, that background wasn't there. But now that I'm using Elements 9, it's a problem.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Importing Gif image
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If the GIF has Transparency, it should Import as such in PrE.

As a test, Open the GIF in PSE, check that the Background is still showing as Transparent, then do a Save_As and choose PNG. Import that.

BTW, is this an animated GIF?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Importing Gif image
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As Bill says, you must export your file from Photoshop Elements with transparency. There are two ways to do this. In both cases, your graphic must be on a layer and there must be no background layer behind it.

1) Go to Photoshop Elements' File menu and select Save For Web. On the option screen, ensure that the Transparency option is selected; or

2) Save you file as a Photoshop PSD file instead. As long as your graphics are on a layer, a PSD file will keep the background transparent when you bring it into Premiere Elements.

(Though, as Bill implies, you can't import a gif's animation into Premiere Elements.)

I have step-by-step instructions for doing these kinds of things in my book "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 9", by the way, if you're interested.

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

1 person found this helpful