This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I have noticed the same thing. IE6 displays just fine but IE7 does not. By Reviewing SWF pages within the same web site some display properly and others indicate there is a error when viewing in IE7. Any help would be appreciated.
Upgrading to IE 7 seems to sometimes be somewhat problematic. I just went through it and could not see any Flash stuff from some sites, yet I had Flash Player 9 installed. Here is what worked for me:
Uninstall Flash Player from this link (do not use the Windows Uninstall features)
Then go back to the Adobe home page and install Flash Player.
It looks like the Adobe home page and the Adobe Studio 8 pages may use different Flash Player detection schemes. It's interesting that one page finds FP with IE7 and the other does not!
Thanks Ray, I'll give that a shot when I get home. I don't think it's so much IE7 as it was working just fine for quite some time, even the betas worked fine with Flash.
Update: Thanks Ray, that seems to have done the trick.
After reading this thread and still using IE6 - i upgraded to IE7 and it installed without a hitch -
tested several flash sites and they all worked fine - it has to be something system-specific -
maybe a popup blocker of some kind?
--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
> I'm not sure why this is happening but recently the flash player stopped woring
> with some instances of flash content but not others. For instance, I can't
> view the flash content on the Adobe.com home page but if I go to the Adobe
> Studio home page the flash content works just fine. I have no idea what's
> causing this problem or where to begin fixing it. I can't even view teh Flash
> Player advanced settings because they require flash. Anyone else having
> trouble like this with IE7?
I agree that system configurations and installed software differences are likely culprits. Last week I upgraded my laptop from IE6 to IE7, shutting down all apps and disabling virus and spyware stuff. No problems seeing Flash player stuff.
However, Monday morning I got a pop-up message on my desktop from Microsoft that an important upgrade was waiting... click here to install upgrade. Not knowing why the "auto update" feature didn't kick in, I did the sheep thing and just followed instructions - "click to upgrade". I had several programs open on my desktop (PhotoShop, Flash 8, MS Office, 3 browsers, etc), along with my "High" security level of virus suite protection. Then I discovered I was upgrading to IE7 - not what I wanted to do just then, but oh well.
When the upgrade was completed, I discovered some sites did not display Flash content! Now, I have no idea which of the 95 processes shown in the Task Manager could have been responsible, but I doubt that it was Flash Player 9.
I think my system and Registry stuff is pretty clean, at least better than the average PC user. Yet, I had a problem. Interference caused by something, and all without any warning messages, etc.
I will never know the cause of this problem, only that an uninstall and re-install from Adobe and all was well.
Now I remember why I hate computers!