4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 10:13 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio goes to layer 4

frogmike Level 1

Whenever I put in a video clip that contains audio, the audio drags itself to Layer 4... Its kind of annoying and I wish it would go to layer 1 automatically, is there a solution for that? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio goes to layer 4
          shooternz Level 6

Audio "selects" a track that is of the

same type as itself.

eg mono, stereo or 5.1

A mono track can not go onto a stereo audio track in Premiere timeline for example.

You can create and delete audio tracks ( layers) to suit your self.

• 2. Re: Audio goes to layer 4
            the_wine_snob Level 9

PrPro locates Audio by channel-count, i.e. 1-channel will only go onto a 1-channel Audio Track, 2-channel onto a 2-channel Track, etc., and will even create one w/ matching channel-count, if it does not exist, just as Craig points out.

This ARTICLE will give you more details.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Audio goes to layer 4
              frogmike Level 1

Ah yes that makes sense, I noticed the little speaker/(s). Also created a new mono track to better suit my needs. Thanks guys!

• 4. Re: Audio goes to layer 4
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

If you have need for some "standard" Audio Tracks, you can set those up in your Default Sequence settings. For those, PrPro always places 1-channel Tracks first, below the Audio/Video centerline, then 2-channel, then 6-channel, then Sub-Mix Tracks, and finally the Master (to the specs. chosen).

I have my Default Sequence set to 2 2-channel, 4 2-channel and a 5.1 Master, as I seldom am working with 6-channel Source Files.

Also, one can Add Tracks, and can position them almost anywhere, except for below the Master.

If one is lacking the proper Track, with the necessary channel-count, if the Source Clip is dragged to the Master, a proper Track will be created, though that will be down the stack.

You are now working beyond those comments, but others might benefit, should they have the same question and find this thread later on.

Good luck,

Hunt