4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 3:06 AM by flycat712

The file is busy, and could'nt be updated

flycat712

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone have the same experiance......

After capturing the footage, a red circle(x) appeared in the right corner of the premeire. When i click down on it, it indicate" The file is busy, couldn't be update"

then, i found the video file which i have just captured is without audio.......

i have tried to open the video file in window, it play normal and with the audio, but when I import to the premire project again, the red button appeared again, and the audio is lost...

Can anyone help me to fix the problem?...

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: The file is busy, and could'nt be updated
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I get the same error sometimes.  Never had a problem with the footage, though.  I suspect you may have two different problems here.

• 2. Re: The file is busy, and could'nt be updated
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Even with PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit Audio material, Conforming will be necessary. This process should not be interrupted. There is a little progress bar in the lower-right of the GUI. Just wait until it completes for every new file. This ARTICLE will give you some background.

Two other things that can "lock" a file are the newer, active-scanning anti-virus, anti-pop-up and anti-malware programs. Many will lock a file and scan it, everytime it is accessed for either a read or write. As Harm Millaard says, turn OFF auto-anything.

Windows Indexing can also lock a file, while it tries to Index it. With AV files, it cannot, but will keep trying. Personally, I turn that OFF. If one needs it for DOC, TXT, etc. file Indexing, then ONLY run it on the folder with those files.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: The file is busy, and could'nt be updated
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have seen this during capture of hdv, but nothing seems missing.

• 4. Re: The file is busy, and could'nt be updated
                flycat712 Level 1

Thanks. Bill.

as i am the beginner of CS 5, some technical problems are difficult to understand and don't know how to handle, i will try to solve the problem by  following the instruction from the Articles... see if it can be solved.

Ann, yes i capture the HDV file, sometime the red button appear after captured & the video is normal. i have 2-3 times have these problem after captured(video without audio). Time is wasted....and i need to recapture again & again...still no audio...