4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 4:00 PM by Dave LaRonde

Adobe After Effects in 32-bit

AznB0i Level 1

How can i run Adobe After Effects CS5 on my 32-bit computer?

• 1. Re: Adobe After Effects in 32-bit
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

AznB0i wrote:

How can i run Adobe After Effects CS5 on my 32-bit computer?

You can't.  It's impossible. End of story.

You need to have a computer capable of running a 64-bit operating system like the latest Apple OS 10 -- which cat name are they up to now, Ocelot or something? --- or Windows 7.

Now, when you you get the Creative Suite CS5 installation disks, Adobe thoughtfully includes the previous 32-bit versions of Premiere and AE.  But since you're paying for all those new 64-bit bells & whistles, it does seem a little silly, n'est-ce pas?   It's intended as an intermediate measure.

Go get yourself a new computer and operating system.  And if you can't, put up with what you have.

I personally had to wait 9 months before I could afford a new 64-bit machine.

• 2. Re: Adobe After Effects in 32-bit
            AznB0i Level 1

thankfully i have the trial. Do you have a link to the CS4 After Effects trial? I cant find that anywhere.

• 3. Re: Adobe After Effects in 32-bit
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

No link. Sorry.  Haven't had to deal with it.  But I'd check out Todd Kopriva's Adobe Blogs: I bet it's there.  Cripes, there's probably a link to an AE9 tryout on a side panel in this forum or something.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adobe After Effects in 32-bit
                AznB0i Level 1

I didnt find the download on that blog but i found it on Prodesigntools.com

Thank you!