2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 12:30 AM by atar11

What's the difference?

atar11 Level 1

Just wanted to ask what is the difference between flash catalyst software and the regular flash software.   Will be glad to hear your answers!!  Best regards!!  Atar.

• 1. Re: What's the difference?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Catalyst could probably be considered WYSIWYG version of Flash Professional (what you call regular Flash) that is geared towards supporting interactive designers who do not deal with coding.  SInce I have no direct experience with it, I cannot say whether Catalyst is a substantially limited tool compared to Flash Professional.  I have heard that one might pass a design made with Catalyst onto someone else to implement detailed/specific coding features.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What's the difference?
            atar11 Level 1

Thanks you very much about your detailed and clear answer!!!

ב-27 באפר 2011, בשעה 05:50, Ned Murphy <forums@adobe.com> כתב/ה:

Catalyst could probably be considered WYSIWYG version of Flash Professional (what you call regular Flash) that is geared towards supporting interactive designers who do not deal with coding.  SInce I have no direct experience with it, I cannot say whether Catalyst is a substantially limited tool compared to Flash Professional.  I have heard that one might pass a design made with Catalyst onto someone else to implement detailed/specific coding features.

>