2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 12:30 AM by atar11

What's the difference?

atar11

Just wanted to ask what is the difference between flash catalyst software and the regular flash software.   Will be glad to hear your answers!!  Best regards!!  Atar.

• 1. Re: What's the difference?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Catalyst could probably be considered WYSIWYG version of Flash Professional (what you call regular Flash) that is geared towards supporting interactive designers who do not deal with coding.  SInce I have no direct experience with it, I cannot say whether Catalyst is a substantially limited tool compared to Flash Professional.  I have heard that one might pass a design made with Catalyst onto someone else to implement detailed/specific coding features.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What's the difference?
            atar11 Level 1

Thanks you very much about your detailed and clear answer!!!

ב-27 באפר 2011, בשעה 05:50, Ned Murphy <forums@adobe.com> כתב/ה:

Catalyst could probably be considered WYSIWYG version of Flash Professional (what you call regular Flash) that is geared towards supporting interactive designers who do not deal with coding.  SInce I have no direct experience with it, I cannot say whether Catalyst is a substantially limited tool compared to Flash Professional.  I have heard that one might pass a design made with Catalyst onto someone else to implement detailed/specific coding features.

>