Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click box not working in Captivate 5

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying out Cp 5 after having used Cp 3 w/ virtually no problems for the last 6 months.  I'm trying to simply insert a text button to jump to another slide and it's not responding in preview.  Instead of stopping the presentation until the button is clicked, the presentation continues on to the next slide in the sequence.  I made the button transparent with text and I have it set to infinite attempts & to show the hand cursor over hit area.  I have it showing from the start of the slide to the end.  If I click it before the presentation goes to the next slide, nothing else happens.  Help.

Thank you,

Jeanne

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

All interactive objects in Captivate (buttons, clickboxes, widgets) have a pause point that should be visible on the timeline.

If your button does not have a visible pause point, check in the Properties > Timing accordion to see if the Pause After box is unticked.  If so, tick this box and set the timing of the pause.  This might be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of how you have the On Success Action set up for this button?

If you have it set to Continue, the button will simply allow the rest of the slide to play before naturally transitioning to the next slide.  You need to set it to On Success "Go to the next slide". Then when clicked it should jump immediately to the next slide.

Is this the way you have your button set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Yes, here's what I have.  I thought I set it correctly.

textButtonSettings.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These settings look OK to me.  Since you mention that the button isn't pausing the slide, how many seconds into the slide do you have the pause point set for the button?  I can't tell from your screenshot because this information is on a different part of the accordion.

Does the button fail to work in all Captivate publish types?  Eg. Preview, EXE file, HTM/SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is bizarre. The button works in the published (htm) version but not in preview.  However, in the published htm view, on the slide w/ the button, the show continues to progress to the next slide unless I click the button to go to the desired slide.  I want the presentation to stop until that button is clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All interactive objects in Captivate (buttons, clickboxes, widgets) have a pause point that should be visible on the timeline.

If your button does not have a visible pause point, check in the Properties > Timing accordion to see if the Pause After box is unticked.  If so, tick this box and set the timing of the pause.  This might be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Thank you so much!  That's exactly what my problem was.  I hate that I have to publish to see how things are truly working.  I hope I can find a solution to that.

Thank you again,

Jeanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rather than going the long route and publishing to HTM/SWF each time I want to see how the project is shaping up, I just hit Ctrl + ENTER to do a Preview.  This still publishes the whole project but works quicker.  The only disadvantage is that while I'm previewing the project in the viewer I cannot also make changes to the project slides. For that, publish to HTM/SWF is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources