3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 3:49 AM by cameraman46

Proposed computer system

cameraman46 Level 1

I have tried to browse the forums as much as I can regarding a good computer system.  I propose building with the following set-up:

Case: Antec performance one P183
      Power supply: Antec PSU Truepower quatro 1000w
      Processor: Intel core i7 2600/3.4 Ghz
      Motherboard: Intel desktop board DP67BG extreme series
      Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis memory 16G
      Graphics: GTX 580
      Main disc array: WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB x2
      Storage Disk array: WD Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB x2
      Blue Ray burner: Sony BD-RW 12x SATA
      Memory card reader: HP 22-in-1 media card reader

I would very grateful for comments from the experts before I ask my computer people to make it!      I would also ask how important is putting extra fans in the case?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Proposed computer system
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>how important is putting extra fans in the case?

Heat is the enemy of computer components... so cooler components last longer than hot components

When I built a computer last year http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652694?tstart=0 I added extra case fans AND a better CPU cooler, even though I run the CPU at stock speed

• 2. Re: Proposed computer system
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

cameraman46 wrote:

I have tried to browse the forums as much as I can regarding a good computer system.  I propose building with the following set-up:

Processor: Intel core i7 2600/3.4 Ghz

Main disc array: WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB x2

I would very grateful for comments from the experts before I ask my computer people to make it!      I would also ask how important is putting extra fans in the case?

Thanks

It is not a cost effective use of multiple disk drives for the Boot/OS/Applications drive(s), a single drive is all that is needed.

I sure would upgrade to a i7-2600K for the unlocked multiplier for better overclocking capability, take a look at the Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM5) website

• 3. Re: Proposed computer system
              cameraman46 Level 1

Thanks Bill   I'm grateful for your response.   Are you saying that the multiple drives are only unnecessary for the main drive?   Would I benefit from having the other drives in a multiple (raid?) configuration?   How does the rest of the spec seem to you?