3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 11:22 AM by ~graffiti

Problem Converting Word Doc to PDF

pbeck2

How do I get the outline-box around a text box in my Word doc to appear when I convert the Word doc to a PDF file?  I am using Windows 7, Adobe reader X 10.0.1.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem Converting Word Doc to PDF
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, Reader doesn't convert Word docs to PDF. Sounds like you are using the Microsoft PDF converter so I'd check in their forums first

(if they have any that is).

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Problem Converting Word Doc to PDF
            pbeck2 Level 1

To convert to a PDF document, I save my Word document as a PDF file.  The logo looks like Adobe, but you think it is actually a Microsoft converter.  Is there an Adobe product that converts Word files to PDF?  Maybe it would work better..

• 3. Re: Problem Converting Word Doc to PDF
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your system supplies the logo when it associates files. When it sees PDF, it assumes you want to use whatever PDF viewer/Editor that you have installed. In this case Adobe Reader. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's an Adobe created PDF (in this case, it's not).

Adobe Acrobat is the product used to create PDF's. Adobe Acrobat is the only PDF creator that creates ISO standard PDF's that I'm aware of. If you use the convert function, it will also keep all of your links and various other interactive items intact.