3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2011 3:10 AM by _spoboyle

flex chart custom series

_spoboyle Level 4

I have a chart with 3 line series plotted which works fine

I now want to add vertical lines through some of these points based on another property of the supplied data. At the top of the line an image should be shown indicating the value of the property that caused the line to be draw.

I thought maybe a custom series might be able to do it although I can't seem to work it out. Also the images displayed at the top of the lines should be just above the graph and so I don't think a custom series is going to work; since series are restricted to the graph plotting area..

Any ideas on how i can go about this?

• 1. Re: flex chart custom series
          digsafe

First retrieve the x and y coordinates of the top of the lines.

Once you have that info you can write a custom function to draw a line and place an image.

• 2. Re: flex chart custom series
            Devtron Level 3

What kind of FLEX chart are you using? Make sure it is Cartesian chart, first. Then you can use any type of "series".

• 3. Re: flex chart custom series
              _spoboyle Level 4

digsafe wrote:

First retrieve the x and y coordinates of the top of the lines.

Once you have that info you can write a custom function to draw a line and place an image.

sorry i don't really understand this. The top of what lines? If you are refering to the lines i am trying to draw I have no idae how to go about finding the x,y coords of where they should be.

Devtron wrote:

What kind of FLEX chart are you using? Make sure it is Cartesian chart, first. Then you can use any type of "series".

I am using a lineChart so yes its Cartesian. And the problem is there isn't a series for my needs (as far as i can tell)