• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 9 Search Pane Max results controls

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 9 with WebHelp as output...

I have a two part question. By default when our users do a search in compile dhelp, they see 10 search results per page. Is there a place in my RoboHelp interface where I can change that to larger number? I have found a line of code in a *.js file where it looks like I could manually change it, but would prefer not to have to do it that route in case that causes unintended hiccups elsewhere.

var nMaxResult = 10 ;

Second part of my question is related to statement in release notes/new features notes for RoboHelp 9 that state users can control the max search results per page on-the-fly as they use the Search pane. This feature only applies to WebHelp or WebHelp Pro and my output is WebHelp. I can see a line of code for that feature in the whfform.htm file but nothing shows up like that in the Search pane within compiled help. Is this a bug or is there a control somewhere in RoboHelp project settings that allows me to enable that option for users? The last 2 lines below would seem to control this area. The Search pane items referenced in first 4 lines do show up ok in my Search pane.

gsTitle = "Type in the word(s) to search for:";
gsTitle = "Type in the word(s) to search for:";
gsHiliteSearchTitle = "Highlight search results";
gsHiliteSearchTitle = "Highlight search results";
gsMaxSearchTitle = "Search results per page" ;
gsMaxSearchTitle = "Search results per page";

Thanks for any insight you can provide,

KF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

I don't see anywhere in the configuration dialog to control the number of search results so it looks like you have to edit that file.

When the user goes to the search tab they should see this:

SearchTab.jpg

See if you get that with a new project or one of the samples. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anywhere in the configuration dialog to control the number of search results so it looks like you have to edit that file.

When the user goes to the search tab they should see this:

SearchTab.jpg

See if you get that with a new project or one of the samples. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a new project and that works in showing the 'Search results per page' section. That reminded me that my existing project is one originally set up in prior version of RoboHelp -- 7 or maybe as far back as 6. And I use a slightly custom window design vs the default window style and Default skin provided for new projects. So that could be the reason behind my not seeing the desired section in my compiled help vs seeing it in compiled new project.

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old topic, but I was trying to figure this out myself today and finally found it. In case others have been looking for this, it's in in this file:

whform.js

find this variable:

var gnMaxRslt = 10;

and then change the 10 to the number you want.

If you do that in the generated help, the number will change in the Search pane, but it will still display only 10 results. To get it to actually display more than 10 results, I had to edit the RoboHelp file, not the generated help. I made a copy of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\whform.js before I edited it. (Right-click the file, click Copy, then right-click in the folder and click Paste. Edit the one that doesn't say Copy in the filename. Then if you want to back it out, delete the one you edited and remove Copy from the original.) If you have your project open in RoboHelp, close it, then reopen it so it can "grab" the new info.

This ought to be in the WebHelp Setting dialog box on the Search pane.

--Karla--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp