5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 3:40 PM by AtonMusic

Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -

AtonMusic Level 2

Just wondering if this time you have actually fixed all those BUGs residing in your suite at least since CS3

Like for instance Shortcuts NOT WORKING as stated...

Adobes products are the only products I know of which provides shortcuts that actually arent working.

I find it so amazing that a company building such amazing software cant even make their shortcuts work...

Is After Effects finally going to be able to leverage quicking correctly on Export and is it going to be able to create a ProRes4444 file and then actually

RECOGNIZING the alpha channel after re-import. Or will the user have to edit a bunch of XML files with code that WONT make the app work anyway...

Been reporting bugs since a long time many suite back which never received no attention BUGs which have been reported by thousands of others.

I will purchase CS 5.5 but also this time I will purhcase Final Cut X and should 5.5 NOT have dealt with all those LAST bugs from the LAST CS versions - that will be the last CS I ever bought.

Best Regards

Someone who is tired of having his workflow ruined every day by petty bugs.

PS - Entering ANY search query in your forum search fields will ALWAYS render - NO RESULTs....

That service matches your creative suites bugs pretty good, though ;-)

• 1. Re: Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -
          Navarro Parker Level 3

Hate to say this, but I think your "bugs" are actually user error.  (And all your capitalizing comes off a bit ranty)

Are you using Export to render ProRes 4444? You should always use Make Movie — for everything. Especially Quicktimes!  (Export needs to die. It's misleading to new users.)

Shortcuts work just fine here.  Do you have "Use System Shortcut Keys" active in AE prefs?  Turn them off if you want AE shortcuts to take priority.

• 2. Re: Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you tell us what specific shortcuts you're referring to, maybe we can help.

And, yes, many bugs are fixed in After Effects CS5.5.

• 3. Re: Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -
              AtonMusic Level 2

Hi,

navarro...

I dont use export. When talking exporting I mean "Add To Render Queue", Make Movie or Pre-Render & RAM-Preview.

This is no user error (exporting) something weird going on in AE regarding their leverage of Quicktime...

I have dont litterally 1000s of comparisons between other apps and quicktime itself versus AEs encoding. And AE does not leverage quicktime as it should.

Export a PR4444 from AE and set it to RGB+Alpha and straight. Then re-import the file. AE wont be able to see the alpha mask in the interpret footage dialog. And the workaround with altering that particular XML files doesn't work for me... at all...

My cap. has nothing to do with ranting. It's expression.

• 4. Re: Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -
                AtonMusic Level 2

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

If you tell us what specific shortcuts you're referring to, maybe we can help.

And, yes, many bugs are fixed in After Effects CS5.5.

Hi Todd,

thanks for chming in on the BUGs stuff. Making me feel good about the investment.

Shortcuts... This is kind of random. Sometimes the shortcut for interpret footage just wont work. Then you quit the app and relunch and then it will.

Many times I am experiencing all this--- unfortunately always random...

How about the AE memory leak...

1) I log into the Mac

2) Work 6 hours with NON-adobe products. 1080p H264 movies play super smooth on my Mac with 32 GB RAM.

3) I open AE or PPRO and do an hour worth of editing

4) I quit both and purge all memory

5) Opening the SAME H264 in Quicktime will have it Jerk worse than Joe Cocker

6) I logout from my account and back in

7) The movie plays just fine again

Did you fix that in AE 5.5

• 5. Re: Adobe, Are you also addressing BUGS in CS 5.5 -
                  AtonMusic Level 2

Todd,

another specific issue....

The OS X getting slower after working an hour with After Effects.

Take a look at this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450835

because you certainly did NOT fix this in CS5.

Will it be taken care of in CS 5.5

Thanks