4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 2:24 PM by Safetymatch99

Sequence Settings

Safetymatch99

Hi there,

I have been editing together a project for the pasr few days only to realise my sequence settings are set at 25 fps when the imported footage is actually 24 fps, can I change the settings and if not how much will this mistake affect my project.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Sequence Settings
          Jim_Simon Level 8

You can't change them, but you can create a new sequence and Copy/Paste everything into it.  Just make sure to expand the sequence to frame level and check all your edit points afterwards.

• 2. Re: Sequence Settings
            Safetymatch99 Level 1

Tried that, but seem to have lost all video transitions, any way of keeping them?

• 3. Re: Sequence Settings
              Jim_Simon Level 8

They normally don't go anywhere.  Just hit CTRL-A in the old sequence to select everything, CTRL-C to copy, then move to the new sequence and hit CTRL-V to paste everything.

• 4. Re: Sequence Settings
                Colin Brougham Level 6

Yeah, that will happen, because the timebase is different and the edit points will all have shifted--in fact, they'll often shift to the "middle" of frames, which aren't legal time demarcations. You'll end up with a big mess when you try to export.

First, tweak all your edit points; you can zoom in and then just drag the ends. They'll snap to the whole frame demarcations. Then, drag your original timeline panel out into its own panel; if you grab the sequence tab and drag down, you'll see a purple trapezoid appear and you can drop the panel so you have two visible sequences. From there, you can copy from the first and paste into the second--it won't be fun.

If you're using a standard transition and duration, you could also select all the clips in the new sequence and go to Sequence > Apply Default Transitions to Selection.