2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2011 4:21 AM by Ted Smith

uploading files to computer and importing with dates and time

bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get the dates and times that video files were taken, so that I may see them in my project?

Many moons ago, someone advised on a forum to use WinDV to import my files with PE3 - but this doesn't seem to work with PE9.

Thanking you, in anticipation of your posts,

Rach

• 1. Re: uploading files to computer and importing with dates and time
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Don't know if you will be able to import the video into Premiere Elements with time and date intact. The program isn't designed to read that kind of metadata.

But some people have found some help with a program call DV Date.

• 2. Re: uploading files to computer and importing with dates and time
            Ted Smith Level 3

Back in the PE2 - digital tape days I used a capture program that created a seperate clip on every stop and start of the camera. It inserted the creation date in the filename of each clip.

I had some tapes of a holiday with hundreds of 10 second takes This made it very easy to keep track of as all I had to do was watch the clip filename.

You could do this manually after capture in Windows Explorer by renaming each captured file. Just add the creating date as seen in details to the file name.date.

Eg Renaming Clip00001.avi becomes 20110305Clip00001.avi for the 3rd of May 2011

Sorting in alphabetic order will then show them in time order.

That gives me an idea, I'll write an application to do it automatically!