2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 12:25 PM by SueC2009

Master page or CSS to control width of text column on intro page?

SueC2009 Level 1

Hello all,

I hope this question isn't too basic, but I'm pretty new to Robohelp 9 and to CSS.

I would llike to control the formatting of my "introduction" page (the first page that is loaded when the help opens). I'm using Webhelp.

I have defined a master page for this first page. It includes a banner image at the top and an image with our company logo which is the same width of the banner.

I would like for the text on that first page to be, maximum, the width of the banner. I would like for the text to wrap if the user's window is narrower than that width, but if the window is larger than the banner width, I'd still like for the text not to exceed the banner width.

Any ideas as to how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Sue

• 1. Re: Master page or CSS to control width of text column on intro page?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Sue

SueC2009 wrote:

Hello all,

I hope this question isn't too basic, but I'm pretty new to Robohelp 9 and to CSS.

I would llike to control the formatting of my "introduction" page (the first page that is loaded when the help opens). I'm using Webhelp.

I have defined a master page for this first page. It includes a banner image at the top and an image with our company logo which is the same width of the banner.

I'm a bit confused by this. Generally you use a Master Page in order to either apply something such as Headers, Footers or Placeholders across many topics. Or to create a template that is used as a common starting off point for new topics. It seems a bit of overkill to me to create a Master Page for only one topic. Unless, of course, you are using the Master page for a single topic that you will create for hundreds of different projects.

I would like for the text on that first page to be, maximum, the width of the banner. I would like for the text to wrap if the user's window is narrower than that width, but if the window is larger than the banner width, I'd still like for the text not to exceed the banner width.

Any ideas as to how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Sue

It would seem to me the simplest solution would be to insert things into a table and set the properties accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Master page or CSS to control width of text column on intro page?
            SueC2009 Level 1

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. That's what I ended up doing. I couldn't get my project to refer to more than one master page, so I'm only using one, and for the title page, I have used the table, as you suggested. It looks good.

p.s. Your Earlybird dinner gooberguide has been really invaluable! Well worth the purchase.

Sue