6 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2011 3:18 AM by Ted Smith

Moving slides

pudgypie

I am using PE9 a purchased version.  I have created a project and inserted Photoshop slides.  Once the project is rendered the slides are moved in the project.  They are not in the place I intended.  It appears the program is spacing them equally throughout the project.  Suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Moving slides
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

That is odd behavior.

Are you working in Sceneline View Mode, or Timeline View Mode?

Once one has done the general sorting, I suggest then working in Timeline View Mode.

Also, when you say "render," do you mean hitting Enter/Return to do a Render file for smoothest playback, or do you mean Export/Share?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Moving slides
            pudgypie Level 1

Hunt,

I always run in timeline mode.  And yes I render for smooth playback.

• 3. Re: Moving slides
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, what is the format of those stills?

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those stills?

What is the Project's Preset?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Moving slides
                pudgypie Level 1

Hunt,

I have them as jpg and psd both work fine. I have the pixel ratio matching my video 1920 x 1080 for this project but I even had issues when they are 720 x 480

Thanks for you help.

• 5. Re: Moving slides
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

There should not be an issue with those files, and matching the pixel x pixel dimensions to the Project Preset is the best workflow. The formats should not do, as you state. Thank you for the info. I see nothing wrong there.

Can you post a screen-cap of the Timeline, and point out the stills, that change places?

Also, are you working n PrE 9?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Moving slides
                    Ted Smith Level 3

When you say "Once the project is rendered the slides are moved in the project. " do you mean that you are moving them after you hasve rendered them?

Moving them will unrender them and you have to render any 'red parts' again.

Unrendered material (red line) will not guarantee the preview is in the exact position set in the timeline if there has been any editing or effects used in the area concerned. The computer is playing the original bits of video file when unrendered but a temporary composite copy when rendered.