I created a merged help system in RH 9, following Peter Grainge's "Merging WebHelp - RoboHelp 8" steps. When I open the default (index) file in the parent, the first topic doesn't display and I get this error in the topic frame:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
I can click on any topic from the TOC frame and it will display properly.
I did follow Step 8 (Forcing the TOC to synchronise) and made the change to the whthost.js file in the generated output folder for both the parent and the child.
I also tried to search this forum before asking this question, using google as directed since the forum search is broken. But I wasn't able to find anything relevant.
Thanks for your help.
That was it. I missed the line in your instructions that says, "You will need to amend the path..."