2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2007 3:41 AM by Newsgroup_User

Speech Xtra

Level 7
      HI,
      I am having problems running movies that use the speech xtra in
      version10.2r22 of the shockwave player. The voiceWordPos and voiceState
      handlers no longer work reliably: voiceWordPos always returns zero, and once
      the voiceState switches to #playing, it never returns to #stopped, even
      after the playback has finished. I have checked the same movie after rolling
      back to version 10.1 and it worked correctly. Anyone got any ideas?
      PMcG

• 1. Re: Speech Xtra
          Level 7
          > I have checked the same movie after rolling
          > back to version 10.1 and it worked correctly. Anyone got any ideas?

That's a bug and should be logged with Adobe. There's a submission form
          at: < http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=11>
          • 2. Re: Speech Xtra
            Level 7
            "Sean Wilson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f475uu$31n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >> I have checked the same movie after rolling back to version 10.1 and it
            >> worked correctly. Anyone got any ideas?
            >
            > That's a bug and should be logged with Adobe. There's a submission form
            > at:
            > < http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=11>

Thanks for the URL, I've logged the bug.
            Some further information...

The problem only seems to occur in Internet Explorer, not Firefox, and also
            only happens for the second and subsequent runs of the movie; the first run
            works perfectly. By using ProcessExplorer, I was able to notice a difference
            in the way the two browsers handle the shockwave plugin: Internet Explorer
            opens the plugin the first time a shockwave movie is run and keeps it open
            for the remainder of the session regardless of whether any shockwave movies
            are open. Firefox on the other hand opens the shockwave plugin for each
            movie, and closes it again when the movie is closed.

This leads me to believe that the problem may be related to some kind of
            hangover from the first run of the movie, so I began to wonder if there was
            any code I could put in a stop movie handler that would cause the shockwave
            player, or the speech xtra, to be reset. Or failing that, any way in which I
            could force Internet Explorer to close the shockwave player between runs of
            movies? Any help or guidance you could give me would be gratfully received!

Thanks
            PMcG