2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 6:42 PM by maximinius

Help with Flash Video Import

maximinius Level 1

I was hoping to get some help with something that is frustrating me.

I have an .fla file with two frames. In the first frame I need a movie (.flv). When the movie ends I need to progress to the next frame on the time line.

I have converted the original .mov to an .flv and imported it into my file as an external viseo w/playback component and no skin. It is now in my library as FLVPlayback and I have given it an instance name of 'goFrame'. Its contentPath is the name of my .flv file (P1010472.flv)

So I put the FLVPlayback onto my first frame and I put a stop() in the actions for the frame; and I have text on the second frame, also with a stop to see when the frame has advanced.

I found this code:

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
      listenerObject.complete = function(eventObject:Object):Void
      {

_root.gotoAndPlay(2
      );
      }
      myMedia.addEventListener("complete", listenerObject
      ); 

I was under the impression I put this code in the actions for the frame that has the video component (the first frame)

I replaced 'myMedia' with 'goFrame' which is the instance name I gave my FLVPlayback but what is the listener object? This is the code I now have on the first frame actions:

stop();

var FLVPlayback:Object = new Object();
      FLVPlayback.complete = function(eventObject:Object):Void {
              gotoAndPlay(2);
      }
      goFrame.addEventListener("complete", listenerObject);

but it doesnt advance at the end of the video, it stop on frame 1 after playing the video.

I know I must name the 'listenerObject' and the 'myMedia' event listener but I must say I am simply confused what goes where. I may be a bit dense as I have been reading forums that are discussion this type of thing but cannot figure what name goes where in this code or if I am entering it correctly. It simply is not advancing.

can anyone give me a hint?

Chris