Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open old ebooks on a new computer

Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased several pdf DRM ebooks in 2005. The computer and the handheld device I used to read them on are no longer available. I've installed Digital Editions on my new computer, activated it using an Adobe ID associated with the same email address I used originally when activating Adobe Reader in 2005, but am unable to open any of my DRM ebooks. In every case, I get the error message:

Adobe DRM Error

System: 7

State: 4

Class: 15

Code: 31

Message: Error on response from server. Your Adobe software could not be activated.

HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.

Adobe DRM Activator error.

Client Code: 31 - HTTP Code: 555

Fault location: 15

I have contacted the ebook vendor (ebooks.com) and they say that they have reset my licenses, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the error. I would welcome any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 30, 2011 Apr 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask ebook.com for a redownload - thoses files are no longer readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Actually there is no problem that you can download it to another computer if you download it again directly from ebooks.com.

maybe it works if you copy all codes of ADE to your new computer.

But why you didnot convert it to PDF, so you can read transfer it anywhere.

if you need help. PM me.

Good Luck

Olga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines