3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2011 5:33 PM by kmaultsby@live.com

Encore & Media Encoder using too much resources

kmaultsby@live.com Level 1

When using either Encore or Media Encoder they lock up my computer. They will complete the encoding process.  I am using i7 CPU GTX470 Graphics card and 24 Gig of memory.  I go into task maneger and see CPU usage 98%  and memory 23 GB used.  What am I doing wrong?  Oh I am using onboad raid controllers.

• 1. Re: Encore & Media Encoder using too much resources
          Harm Millaard Level 7

This is either an indication that Task Manager is inaccurate, or that there are background processes running that use at least 2 GB of memory. With 24 GB installed, the Adobe programs can use maximum 21 GB, with at least 3 GB reserved for non-Adobe programs. If you use Process Explorer from the Sysinternal Utilities suite, you will get more accurate information about all the background processes and the memory use.

• 2. Re: Encore & Media Encoder using too much resources

Well what about CPU 98 to 100% and Encore & Media Encoder still crashes?  This is a turning point for me because I also have Avid on my system using Sorenson Squeeze and it completed the  encodeing without an issues and about to use  Avid DVD to see if I burn DVD.  I would love to use the complete premirme suite.

• 3. Re: Encore & Media Encoder using too much resources

Harm I think I know what the problem is.  What I was doing was I had my E drive doing everything encode media everything and bruning to  the onboard raid controller may have put it over the edge.  I did a disc image and point it to my F drive and it worked.  I think we spoke about this before.  I have three controller on my motherboad.  Let me ask you this I was thinking of purchasing a raid controller I have a cooler master Full tower case and I have seven hard drive in it total, and it has four large fans so I don't think cooling will be a problem.  I going to use four drives  for raid.  I was thinking of purchasing a internal raid controller and set it up as a raid 5. Or is it better to get an external case? I may post as a new post.