0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2011 8:46 AM by BIGAACE

Opinions On Several Feature Requests

BIGAACE Level 1

Hello,

For starters this is not a problem I can't solve in Premiere but more so a request of your opinions on Feature Requests that I've recently submitted. Just so you know, I'm new to the Adobe forums but I'm not so new to Premiere Pro. I've used Premiere since 1.5 and have been fortunate to use every version up to CS5. We, at the shop, always talk about how Premiere could be a bit better and so after 6 years of talking I've finally submitted a few Feature Requests for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and CS5.5. Below are the requests submitted one by one:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Feature Request: Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5

------------------------------------------------------------------

*******Enhancement / FMR*********

Brief title for your desired feature:

Source Panel Keyboard Zoom

How would you like the feature to work?

In the Keyboard Customization menu, add keyboard zoom options for the Source Panel.  Also have an option for vertical and horizontal zoom for audio.

Why is this feature important to you?

Often times I use the Source monitor before inserting clips of video or audio into the timeline. The current method of pinpointing an area in the Source monitor is by using the horizontal bar, which can be a little jarring. I always use the shortcut key (-) to zoom out and (=) to zoom in when using the timeline and program monitor. This may seem like a minor feature request but is key component to speed up my work flow and make my production time more efficient.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Clip Markers Button

In the timeline panel, beside the Set Display Style and Show Key Frames buttons, a Set Clip Markers button can be added to both the Video and Audio tracks. Just as the other buttons have dropdown menus, the Set Clip Marker would have its dropdown menu for set other numbered, next available or unnumbered. If the dropdown menu was set to next available number, each time the button was pressed the clip marker would adjust just as it does from the Marker tab at the top of the screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Multi-Camera Audio Fix

I think this is more of a Bug Report but I'm submitting this as a Feature Request. When I edit in Multi-camera mode and I have a nested video sequence with the audio tracks beneath the nested video the first audio track gets extracted whenever I make multi-camera cuts. A work around for this is to lock the first audio track. At times I do forget to lock the audio and have to go back and extend the audio to get it back on its track.

This fix is important because it makes the multi-camera feature more reliable and it saves time in the editing process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Because most of our jobs require multiple cameras and multiple audio sources, both on camera and standalone, using the Marker tab at the top of the screen is very time consuming when syncing each clip. I know many Premiere Pro users would benefit from this feature especially with the rise of the HDSLR work flows and the need to sync audio from external devices such as the Zoom H4N.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Horizontal Audio Master Meter

Customize the Audio Master Meter so that it can dock horizontally, similarly to how Adobe Soundbooth has its audio meter above.

When we deploy to other countries, we have to use our laptops for editing. Because of the limited resolution on our laptops I think it would be better to have the audio meter at the top of the screen to maximize the amount of work space on laptops.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Multi-Camera Monitor sync with Timeline

Put simply, have the Multi-Camera Monitor sync real time with the Timeline Panel. Right now, whenever you use the Multi-camera Monitor it operates independently from the Timeline Panel. It should operate just as the Program monitor does with the Timeline.

When I scrub through the footage in the Multi-Camera monitor I don't get a feel for the entire sequence and my current location when editing. When I use the Program monitor along with the Timeline Panel I have a reference of where I am in real time and it’s easier to manage cuts when I edit in the Timeline Panel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any feature requests for Premiere Pro, agree or disagree with the requests posted here I'd like to hear your opinions. Please state your Brief Title, The Feature, and Why you agree/disagree with the feature requests posted.