3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2011 10:40 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Unable to open DRM PDF after authorized the computer

RS@gmail,com

Hi,

I purchased ebook from KOBO and open it at unauthorized ADE and it worked fine, later I authorized the ADE to synch with IPAD Bluefire apps then I can't open the ebook anymore (in ADE and Bluefire reader)

I deleted the ebook and redownload it from KOBO website and got this message: Error getting license
      License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Then I de-authorized the computer again and still can't open the ebook and still go the same message above

Any idea what should I do?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Unable to open DRM PDF after authorized the computer
          Jim_Lester Level 4

"License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

To be expected, given what you said you did (there were warning in the dialogs by the software, but everybody seems to miss them).

"Any idea what should I do?"

1.) Make sure all copies of your reader software are authorized to the same AdobeID

2.) Talk nicely to Kobo and ask for a redownload with a new transaction id, so that you can get the content licensed to you, instead of to the anonymous account on your computer.

• 2. Re: Unable to open DRM PDF after authorized the computer
            RS@gmail,com Level 1

Hi Jim, thank you for the advice

I have talked to KOBO and they have reset the lincense, unfortunately I still got this same message again and again: Error getting license
            License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

I have talked to KOBO again and they suggest to de-authorized the computer and then re-authorized it again but still the same result

I have uninstall the ADE, reinstall it again, de-authorize and re-authorize but none working

I tried to open the ascm file while the computer authorized and also while de-authorized the same result

What else should I do?

Thks

• 3. Re: Unable to open DRM PDF after authorized the computer
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

What I don't see is that you've verified that the user ID under which you

downloaded the book is the same as the first time you downloaded it.  This

seems to happen often when someone has a problem with a download, goes to a

site and creates a different user ID.  I don't think de/re-authorizing the

computer will do anything to reset the user ID associated with the ebook.

===============