1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2011 11:11 PM by Devoker

Flash cannot parse this document.

Devoker

After hours of research, I could not figure how to fix this issue. Here is what I have tried:

Step 1 Create backup copy of original FLA file

Step 2 Rename FILENAME.fla to FILENAME.zip

Step 3 Unzip FILENAME.zip

Then there are multiple things I have done after this:

Step 4 Open and copy contents of DOMDocument.xml
      Step 5 Validate the contents at http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

Step 6 Fix any erros excluding warnings.

Step 7 Check if error fixed by opening FILENAME.xfl

There weren't any errors so the DOMDocument.xml wasn't the problem and then I moved on to look for something else to do which I ran into something similar except this time to check the library:

Step 4 Open LIBRARY

Step 5 Backup and delete a few files or folders

Step 6 Check if error message changed from 'One or more files were not uploaded.'

Repeat step 5-6 until narrowed down to one file.

Step 7 Validate the contents at http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

Step 8 Fix any erros excluding warnings.

But then the file that was cuasing the problem wasn't an XML file. It was a file that didn't neccesary have an extension and was named 'img.logo1' which was what I named it in the library.

I have only used CS5 and my file has never touched CS4.

This possibly may have been cuased by an update.

• 1. Re: Flash cannot parse this document.
          Devoker Level 1

After an amazing epiphany, I finally found the solution.

Using the second method that I stated, I went through and found the file that I deleted.

After finding out that it didn't fix the problem, I looked for a seperate method.

What I didn't consider was:

What if more than one file got corrupted?

So I deleted the corrupted file and continued until I found another corrupted file.

After deleting the second one, everything ran perfectly fine after finishing the rest of the steps.

The only downside was that I lost the two files that I deleted which is nothing compared to starting the complete project over.