• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd Flash Player Problem

New Here ,
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the specifics:  I'm running Windows 7, and the most current Flash player (10.2.159.1), Firefox 4/IE 8.

The problem I'm having is an odd one... I go to a friend's website, which is built entirely in Flash, and with Internet Explorer it works as intended.  But with Firefox, only the home page will show.  When I try to click through to the other pages on his site (all within the same .SWF), nothing shows.

Is there a difference between the Flash Players for IE and Firefox?  I just don't understand why it is working in IE 8 and only partially working in FF 4.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you determine if it's just your computer running FF4.0 that this occurs or others with FF4.0?

Do you use adblock, click to Flash or any popup blocking software or Kill Flash? Extensions with FF seems to cause conflicts sometimes as well as certain addons/plugins.

You do have the Shockwave Flash plugin Enabled in the FF plugins don't you?

Just something to consider.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I know, this is an issue that is not specific to my computer.  There seems to be a similar issue with a friend running Safari on his Mac.

The only extensions I use for FF are media player extensions (Flash player, DiVX, Quicktime, that sort of thing).  And yes, the Flash plugin is enabled.  The site does display the home page, it just doesn't seem to execute any of the navigation scripted in the site's SWF.

Thanks for the considerations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. You may try to disable some of the extensions and see if that makes a difference. RealPlayer I know conflicts.

There could be something with the website is what I would guess.

If you're not having issues on other websites then that should tell you.

Hope you find what it is.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does Flash Player otherwise work correctly on Firefox - can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines