1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2011 12:29 AM by Dave Merchant RSS

Flash video in Acrobat X makes scrolling document slow or freeze after playing

trc49492

I am running an HP Intel Core i7 CPU   @2.8 GHz, with 8 GB memory and the 64 bit Windows 7 operating system and using Google Chrome and a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 graphics card that shows:

Total available graphics memory 4095 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 1024MB

System Video Memory: 0MB

Shared System memory: 3071MB

I made a PDF and inserted a 1 minute flash video into the PDF which has about 3 pages of text.

1.  I scroll down to the flash video with no problem...

2. I click on the flash vid and it starts to play, no problem.

3.  After it is playing I start to scroll up and down to the other pages and it is fine for a while, but then sometimes the scolling freezes and cannot scroll any more.  Also right after the video stops and I try to scroll the scrolling gets stuck.  So it hangs for a few seconds but then once the video is stopped I can scroll up and down fine again.

The scrolling limitation appears to be related to the fact the video is playing.  But My PC and graphics card are not what I woudl consider 'slow' or out dated.

It seems like quite a bad thing to happen for anyone who reads such a document and plays the video and then decides to start scrolling again to read the text below it.

Leads to a bad user experience...

Does this happen to everyone else out there?

Is there a fix for this?