I've got 2 questions, I'll be very happy if you can help.
1) I'm trying to create a Flash Login Form but I guess its working with ASP or PHP. Can I make Flash to check usernames from any local mdb? As long as project doesn't require internet connection, excel or sqlite will be enough for me.
2) This question is related to first question. If I cant use a mdb file it seems I'll need to embed all those 5.000 users in flash project, am I correct? Also projects SWF file is 50mb. It will work from CD source, would that cause any problem? I've made it all in one SWF file for security, do you have any other suggestions?
Thank You for answer.
1. Flash will not be able to interact directly with a formal database
2. You can use a text file and have Flash read that in.
2. For something of that size, it would not perform well online, but run from a local drive it might not be as much of an issue
2. There is nothing secure about a Flash file.
Use Flash as the frond end and use PHP and mysql as the back end. You can check without the internet connect with localhost.
I'll run the project on cd-rom.Do you think that would be a problem? Thank you.